Saturday 9 June 2012

Chapter 3- The Anbu Mission


Suddenly the door to Tsunade's room opened and a Anbu member came in,
"You have been summoned by Hokage-Sama"
With our new masks on, me, Shikamaru and three others entered, closing the door behind us. Tsunade explained the mission in detail.
"Any questions?" asked Tsunade.
No answer came from either of us.
"Good. And for this mission you are to use different names" She said pointing at me, Giving me the name Emiko  Hitomi. Then pointing at Shikamaru giving him Haruka Utsuro. Then naming our other team mates.
Tsunade looked down at her papers before continuing, "You are all to go undercover as civilians, then traders on the way back home. You will leave at dawn break"
No objections were voiced. And so Tsuande dismissed us.
"Hitomi..." She called me by my new name.
Everyone else left the room.
"You play and important role here, please do all you can to gather Intel about this new organisation" Tsunade said softly.
I nodded and left. I started packing for the mission
We assembled at the meeting point and made our way. We jumped through the trees having general mission chit chat. Shikamaru didn't speak to me at all after what happened on the stairs, even when we were so close.
We made it to our destination without any interruptions.
We stayed in an Inn undercover just as we were told. One of our Anbu team mates hinted that they wanted me and 'Haruka' to play as husband and wife, which was rather awkward since we had that incident not long ago, we unpacked a little in silence.
"Do you have any clue what we're looking for?" I broke the silence.
"Something that seems out of the ordinary" Shikamaru replied

A day into our investigation and I was the first to go.
I walked around the market, in my new disguise, long navy hair and dressed perfectly as a civilian, blending into the scenery. Cautiously watching everyone's moves.
A big muscly man bumped into me, knocking his groceries onto the floor.
"I'm sorry..." I began to pick them up.
He grabbed me by the collar "You better watch where you're going" He growled.
I bet  this guy was acting like a big shot around here.
"Sorry my wife is blind... Please let go of her" Shikamaru asked politely.
The guy let me go and I picked up what was left and passed it to him. I can't believe I'm being treated like a fool.
"You're not from around here are you?" The big guy asked us.
"No, My wife and I are travellers" Shikamaru's acting skills were expertly done.
I don't know why but I blushed like crazy.
"Really? You don't look like a couple" He put his arm around me, quickly snatched away.
Shikamaru pulled me into his chest "Don't touch her" He snapped under his breath.
"Prove that you're together..." He said suspiciously.
What!? What was this guy thinking? Before I knew it he was kissing me, I've never felt this feeling before.
He pulled away, "Does that answer your question?" He shot a glare towards him.
"You better keep an eye on her, not alot of people will let her off so easy" He advised.
"I'll keep an eye out, thank you and sorry for the trouble" Shikamaru said pulling me away.
I must have been a striking vermilion pigment.
"I hope you don't mind me kissing you..." He said pulling me through the crowed.
"I-It's okay..." I said enjoying the feeling of our hands locked together.
At the end of the day we managed to get enough Intel.
"hey Wolf, have you got any idea where they'll strike?" I asked him, while Shikamaru read out the scrolls we had all the information on.
"Mid town, here" He said pointing at the fountain where people often gather.
The room got really hot and I felt the need to take my mask off.
"They'll probably attack round about noon, when its most busy" Shikamaru pointed out.
"I can't take this anymore!" I pulled my mask back, taking in a deep breath.
"Shizuka!?" The team member wearing a bear shaped mask, "It's me! Iruka" He took his mask off.
"Oh my God! How did I not know it was you!?" I face palmed my hand.
"Since you took off your mask, you spoilt the mystery" the other member said  taking off his crow mask, it was Genma.
"Shika, you might as well taker yours off too" I chuckled, and he took his off.
We all directed a stare towards the last member still with their mask on.
"Me?" He acted surprised.
We all shrugged our shoulders.
"If I must..." He said taking his time.
"Kakashi-Sensei!?" We all said.
I should have known, no wonder we were so successful.
"Did any of you have any trouble since we split up?" Kakashi asked.
"Yeah, I got a warning to be more careful. Guess some one close here is giving a few people the heads up" I confirmed.
"Okay we need to move tomorrow at the latest" Genma said.

It was noon when the centre of the village begun to get crowded, we were still in our civilian clothes.
"It's a little too quiet..." Kakashi muttered.
He spoke too soon as people began to die.
We stripped ourselves of civilian clothing into our Anbu uniform.
Above the screaming and murder a child ran out from the crowed. Iruka, Genma and Kakashi were dealing with the enemy.
A weird sound and smell attacked my senses.
The child ran up to Shikamaru, crying and tugging at his sleeve. The child rubbed away his tears... But behind the tears a smirk appeared.
"Shika get away!" I grabbed him from behind and threw him. I pushed the child creating a vortex between us...

He Exploded.

My vortex absorbed most of the explosion. Right before my eyes a child was killed or sacrificed... maybe it was just to fuck with me I don't know. I was covered in his blood. I fell to the ground staring at the child's discarded body parts that were scattered.
Genma, Iruka and Kakashi managed to gather information about everyone involved and eliminated them.
They came back to get us.
Iruka saw the scattered flesh and picked me up straight away covering himself in blood too.
He knew, I knew, We all knew. We understood how this was the life we had to lead.
The main thing was that the team was safe.
I got in the shower with the boys, it wasn't anything sexual I couldn't careless at that moment. We washed the blood away, our sins went down the drain. Iruka helped me wash the blood out my hair.
After that. we put on a new disguised as we left town, calling ourselves traders, they checked us out and we had the all clear. Luckily.
We're going home safely. The first thing we had to do is log EVERYTHING that happened. It's going to be a pain, but it's gotta be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews